Laugh Out Loud is a comedy brand and multi-platform network founded by the world's top comedian Kevin Hart. Through his streaming video service Hart delivers his vision for the future of comedy: social, mobile, multicultural and seriously funny. From stand-up legends to globally-recognized digital influencers, Hart and LOL curate comedy's boldest voices to produce original scripted and unscripted series, stand-up specials, live broadcasts and special events. Hart brings the groundbreaking social-first strategy that earned him 100 million+ followers to Laugh Out Loud, with one core mission: keep the world laughing. Dope Comedy. Delivered Daily. Always On. Always Loud.
Laugh Out Loud has an immediate opening for a Director, Comedy Development & Talent Partnerships
to join its content team. We are looking for an experienced Development Executive with deep relationships in the comedy space. Reporting to the Head, Development & Production this position will develop talent partnerships (comedians, actors, social influencers, writers and producers) to fuel new content ideas for comedic series (scripted and unscripted) stand-up specials, podcasts and branded content ideas.
- Takes regular meetings with, Agents, Production Companies, and Producers to field pitches, cultivate relationships, and keep apprised of industry trends
- Evaluates pitches, pilots, and sizzle reels and makes recommendations for greenlight
- Provide notes on cuts, outlines and formats
- Develops new series ideas based on pop culture /industry trends and internal network research
- Play an integral role in the deal-making process with talent, producers and stand-up comedians
- Attend markets, conventions and festivals as requested
- Build and maintain deep, strong, and mutually beneficial relationships talent partners (stand-up comedians, comedic writers & social comedic influencers) and their agents/managers
- Build and maintain and a database of comedic creators and map them to opportunities across all divisions of LOL (LOL Network, LOL Studios, LOL Audio and LOL X!)
- Remain on the forefront of the comedic talent and creator landscape, identifying new and upcoming talent that should be on the LOL Network and create a strategic plan to develop relationships
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- 5+ years’ experience in TV/Digital television development
- Must have a strong knowledge of and relationships with key industry players, including Packaging and Talent Agents, top Production Companies/Producers, Comedic Writers, etc.
- Comedy enthusiast with a particular focus on unscripted formats, stand-up and short-form content.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel
- Ability to identify unique properties and talent that are on-brand for the network, and react quickly to create successful programming
- Strong ability to show initiative and multi-task in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Must have strong business and personal ethics