Laugh Out Loud is a comedy brand and multi-platform network founded by the world's top comedian Kevin Hart. Through his streaming video service Hart delivers his vision for the future of comedy: social, mobile, multicultural and seriously funny. From stand-up legends to globally recognized digital influencers, Hart and LOL curate comedy's boldest voices to produce original scripted and unscripted series, stand-up specials, live broadcasts and special events. Hart brings the groundbreaking social-first strategy that earned him 100 million+ followers to Laugh Out Loud, with one core mission: keep the world laughing. Dope Comedy. Delivered Daily. Always On. Always Loud.
Laugh Out Loud is looking for a Sr. Analyst to join its strategy & operations team and lead analytics and reporting across its Social, AVOD/Fast Channel distribution, & ad sales initiatives for its LOL Network! division. Reporting to the company’s SVP, Finance & Operations, the ideal candidate will help to drive revenue and profit by identifying growth & optimization opportunities across LOL Network,
She/he must be an detail-oriented and curious analytics expert with deep knowledge of the OTT/Streaming and advertising trends and a clear ability to track, consolidate, analyze and derive insights from large and often disparate data sets. They will work cross-functionally in a supporting capacity to teams across content distribution, sales, marketing.
Cross-Functional Business Intelligence & Reporting
- Deliver insights and recommendations to help leadership and cross-functional (Content, Sales & Marketing) stakeholders better understand business performance, customer behavior and support strategic and tactical decisions to improve outcomes.
- Design, deliver and automate daily, weekly, and monthly reporting; design and build visually engaging and informative dashboards that show activity across LOL’s ecosystem
- Present analyses and findings to stakeholders; 'telling the story' and identifying drivers and opportunities of business performance.
- Oversee selection and management of all LOL Network BI data and technology partners
- Drive ad hoc requests with thoughtful, diligent business case analysis in coordination with cross-functional partners
Content Distribution Insights
- Develop data strategy and infrastructure to facilitate data-informed decision-making for LOL network content Acquisition and ad sales teams
- Develop consolidated Fast Channel/ AVOD dashboard to track KPIs (revenue, views, sessions, users, CPM, fill rate) across multiple distribution touchpoints (Peacock, PlutoTV, XUMO, etc.)
- Track financial performance of specific titles, financial modeling of potential content acquisition deals from dozens of content partners, deep dives into specific content initiatives to identify areas of opportunity for the business.
- Identify drivers of content performance, evaluating drivers of content viewership and audience acquisition/retention
Advertising Sales Insights & Strategy
- Create campaign-level reporting templates
- Develop deep dives into ad sales revenue streams of the business, including cross sectional views of performance of direct, partner and specific advertisers – focused on relevant revenue KPIs (cpm, fill, capacity).
- Manage relationships with Ad Sales reach and analytics partner such as Tubular, Listen First & Comscore
- Partner on the development of LOL’s ad sales positioning opportunities to our advertising clients
- Evaluate ROI on content marketing and user acquisition spend across all channels
- Track marketing KPI (audience growth, engagement and monetization) across social and marketing platforms
- Select marketing tools and technologies with the end goal of creating innovative data-driven insights at a quick pace
- Leverage 1st and 3rd party data to mine, analyze, package and present actionable consumer insights
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- 5+ years in relevant experience with analytics in tech, advertising or entertainment sectors
- Experience in solution design and implementation for digital product measurement for web, mobile apps, OTT
- Proven experience in driving projects from start to finish, while driving impact
- Ability to query across multiple datasets with join and merge functions
- Experience with data visualization tools (i.e Tableau) is a must
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel functions, formulas, VLOOKUP function and pivot tables
- Understanding of the current marketing data landscape and challenges with cookies, MAIDs, emails
- Hands-on experience wrangling, analyzing and visualizing data
- Candidate should have advanced SQL skills
- Proven track record of performing comprehensive analyses independently
- Strong communicator, for both technical and non-technical audiences