LAUGH OUT LOUD, the multi-platform comedy brand and media company founded by Kevin Hart, is looking for a Social Media Coordinator to join our team of innovative and creative thinkers working to get the world laughing together. Dope Comedy. Delivered Daily. Always On. Always Loud.
We are looking for a creative, upbeat, and organized coordinator to join our social media team. This person is responsible for planning, creating and publishing social content—graphics, video, audio, live, ettc—and community management across our social channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tiktok, and YouTube, while retaining brand integrity and voice. The right candidate is excited about diving in and learning the ins and outs of social + platform strategy, best practices, and developing creative concepts + social series. S/he is a person with a keen sense of style, awareness of trends and pop culture, and a love for connecting with our audience. This role reports to the Director, Social Media, will work alongside the Social Media Manager, and will eventually be based out of our Los Angeles office.
As a part of the social media team, you need to be able to convey
story + messaging through imagery. Instead of a cover letter, we ask
that you submit 9 images that define you and why you'd be a good fit for this role without using a single photo of yourself.
Think of this as the first 9 boxes—or first three lines— of an
Instagram page. Each should have a corresponding caption (no longer than
20 words) that sums up why you included the image. Be creative – this
is about seeing how your mind works, not reposting what you’ve seen on
Applications must include all the following:
- Grid of 9 – as described above
- Current Resume
- Links to your public social media accounts
No formal cover letters, and applications that do not include all the above will not be considered. This should be submitted as a link, or in the same PDF file as your resume.
- Support overall strategy and execute social media content plans with the objective of growing and engaging an audience
- Develop and implement innovative + entertaining promotion of the LOL library of content and new shows
- Implement + create content according to monthly content calendar, that includes written, graphic, and video content
- Develop an understanding of analytics, compile weekly cross-platform data to contribute to social media reports
- Pitch new ideas and concepts for social media content using strong knowledge and awareness of comedy + pop culture trends
- Assist Social Media Manager with large projects, virtual events, and community management
- Help brainstorm and conceptualize larger social media and brand initiatives
- Work with the sales team to execute branded social media content
- Establish an eye for our aesthetics and writing for social media
- Research strategies to optimize our social media platforms
- Perform daily updates for all the social media platforms
- Develop editorial content into social media content
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or a closely related field
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in social media (content, photo, and video)
- Good editorial judgment, writing skills, and ability to capture LOL’s voice
- Knowledge of, and a passion for, the digital media and content industries and their key players
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to write copy and understand tone of voice.
- Strong knowledge and/or experience writing for social, blogs or websites.
- Experience creating videos and images for social media. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator. Premiere is a plus!
- Ability to work independently, quickly, and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline- and results- driven environment
- Confident, collaborative, and communicative with an ability to keep calm under pressure
- Must have a strong sense of humor, high level of accountability, and interest in comedy + pop culture
- Multicultural marketing and/or entertainment experience, strongly preferred